This online workshop, the second of the series of the DISTINCT Disruptive Tuesdays, focuses on the application of disruptive technologies – Virtual Reality (VR), Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) – in health and social care.
The session aims to raise awareness about existing health and social care services taking advantage of the application of disruptive technologies. Attendees will have the opportunity to discuss and reflect on the main challenges to overcome and integrate these solutions in public sector organisations.
The workshop is targeted to responsible of public service provision. Several examples will be showcased providing attendees with a better idea of the role that these technologies can play for improved health and social care services.
Agenda 7th of December (13:00 – 14:30 CET)
- Welcome to attendees and introduction of the workshop – Mr. Timo Rui, Creative Industries Centre, Karelia University of Applied Sciences (Finland).
- IoT applications in health and social care: Mr. Stephen Seawright, WiSAR Gateway Manager, Wisar Lab (Ireland).
- Using 360-degree videos for virtual reality exposure in CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy): Anders Lundström, Associate Professor, Umeå University (Sweden).
- AI usage in early detection and providing preventive care in home care and nursing homes: Samuel Kivikari, Head of Sales, Gillie.AI (Finland).
- Panel discussion
- Concluding discussion: Possible future cooperation and steps