The Invest NI Innovation Voucher Scheme is now open for applications until the 30th April. The scheme, worth £5,000, allows small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) or early stage entrepreneurs to access academic skills and expertise from one of the registered Knowledge Providers throughout Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
The aim of the Innovation Voucher Scheme is to improve the innovation capability of your business and to build links with public sector Knowledge Providers, such as the universities, colleges, technology institutions or
If you would like help with an innovation project, such as developing innovative products, processes or services; scientific research; identification of new materials or exploring new technologies, you may apply for an Innovation Voucher to access specialist expertise, technology or facilities that might not otherwise be available to you.
As an approved Knowledge Provider, businesses based in Northern Ireland, can access the services of the WiSAR Lab and the Enterprise Ireland Technology Gateways, through the Invest NI Innovation Voucher Scheme.
Typical projects are:
• Help to develop new or improved products, processes and services
• Access to information and expertise on new materials
• Tapping into research and scientific expertise
• Exploring new technologies
• Exploring new business models
You can apply for an Innovation Voucher if:
• You are a small enterprise, social enterprise or third sector organisation with less than 50 employees and either an annual turnover and/or annual balance sheet not exceeding €10 million.
• You are a medium enterprise, social enterprise or third sector organisation with more than 50 employees but less than 250 employees, and either an annual turnover not exceeding €50 million or an annual balance sheet not exceeding €43 million. You must not have received assistance through Invest NI’s Grant for R&D programme in the past five years.