The Wireless Sensor Applied Research Centre is seeking to recruit an Applications Developer to develop software applications in Internet of Things (IoT), Embedded Systems, Data Analytics etc.
The successful applicant will join an experienced and growing team who have been delivering innovative embedded wireless solutions to industry for over 10 years.
An honours degree, or higher, in Computing, Software Engineering, or Electronic Engineering is essential. Proven experience in a commercial/industry focused design environment is desirable.
- Database Design, SQL
- Experience in Apache HTTP Server, MySQL (database software), and PHP, Perl or Python
- Applications development in Windows and/or Linux environment
- Good organisation, communication skills
- Ability to work in a team or on own initiative.
- Good written and oral skills in English are required
- A track record of on-time delivery of quality software.
- Demonstrated ability to provide estimates to a PI for work undertaken.
- Good documentation skills. Ability to describe and illustrate proposed designs and keep documentation current with design changes during implementation.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Experience in an Object Oriented Programming language – Java, C#, Android etc.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in software development.
- Development experience real-time mobile operating systems
- Understanding of basic engineering principles.
- Excellent technical knowledge, analysis and debug skills within field of emphasis
- Highly skilled within design and development activities
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work both individually and collaboratively in a team environment
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Software Design and Implementation on industry and research projects
- Participate in preparation of appropriate project documentation and design reviews to ensure accuracy and adherence to technical requirements.
- To engage with industry to develop collaborative research projects.
- Cost estimation of industry research grant proposals and industry direct funded projects.
- To contribute significantly to the development of research proposals in order to secure competitive funding for industry focused research projects, under the direction of the principal investigators
- To interact closely with postgraduate research students and have an agreed role in supporting these students in their day to day research in conjunction with the supervisor or supervision team
- To conduct administrative and management work associated with the research project
- To assist in financial management of projects.
- Assume responsibility for completing individual project milestones and maintaining schedule, once tasks are assigned.
- Provide technical and schedule estimates for individual design responsibilities on assigned project.
- To report to the Principal Investigators as required.
Salary: €31,000 to €46,000 p.a. (depending on experience)