Prototype & Test
We take your 3D CAD designs from on-screen to in-hand with realistic 3D models in full colour.
- Competitive Pricing
- Quick Turnaround
- Ask For a Quotation
Print functional, durable 3D models of your most intricate product designs with the high end Dimension Elite 3D Printer turning your 3D CAD files into models with fine feature detail which are robust enough for practical use.
The Dimension Elite printer is ideal for printing 3D product mock-ups and functional models of parts such as medical devices, product enclosures, mobile electronics and precision instruments.
The printer uses Fused Deposition Modelling (FDM) Technology, which can build accurate functional concept models, rapid prototypes, and product mock-ups in colourful ABS plus thermoplastic. We use the latest 3D printing technology to give you both fully functional prototype parts and full colour models of your designs. This allows you to test and visualise your ideas faster than conventional model making.
- Selection of colours that are available include ivory, white, black, red, olive green, nectarine, fluorescent yellow, blue and grey.
- The available build size for models is 203 x 203 x 305 mm
- Layer thickness of 0.254 mm (.010 in.), or .178 mm. (.007in.)
RAPID PROTOTYPING SERVICE
Our rapid prototyping service allows you to go from the idea stage to market faster while also providing a cheaper alterative to our competitors in 3D printing. Rapid Prototyping offers various advantages to designers such as:
- Fast prototyping – depending on the size and complexity of your file
- Economical – we will give you a quote before we proceed with the job
- Effective communication of design ideas. Use our full colour capability to enhance your prototype
- Fewer production design flaws and better end-products
- Increase visualisation capability during the early phases of design by using rapid physical model
Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Prototyping
WiSAR offer in house Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Protoyping allowing clients to test and verify the electronics before moving to external PCB manufacture.
In additional to the PCB layout capabilities offered by WiSAR, in house PCB prototyping is performed using the an LPKF ProtoMat S63 Circuit Board Plotter. The S63 allows the production of double and single sided PCBs up to dimensions of 229mm x 305mm ( 9” x 12” ). The ProtoMat S63 offer automated milled and drilling of PCB, featuring a high speed 60,000 rpm software controlled milling spindle, automatic software controlled exchange of between 15 different tools. The system also includes a vacuum dust extraction system. The key parameters are:
- Double and Single Sided Printed Circuit Board Production
- PCB size up to 229 mm x 305mm (9 “ x 12 “)
- Milling Resolution down to 0.5 µm (0.02 mil)
- Minimum PCB hole size 0.25 mm
In addition to the milling and drilling manufacture of the PCB, WiSAR also can hand populate PCBs including surface mount components (SMT) down to 0402. Hand population is only carried out for very small batch numbers. For larger/more complex footprints WiSAR manage production via third party external companies in Ireland.
The WiSAR Lab has an extensive range of RF and Wireless test equipment some of which are listed below,
|Spectrum analyzers to 40GHz||RF spectrum measurements in the frequency domain. Power level, frequency measurements, harmonics, spurious emissions etc|
|Signal generators to 40GHz||Generation of RF CW signal and some modulated waveforms|
|Vector Network Analyzers||Two port (S11/S21) measurements to 8GHz, used for impedance matching and RF characterisation|
|High-speed oscilloscopes||Oscilloscopes ranging up to bandwidth of 2.5GHz and sampling rates up to 40 G/S|
|Probe set for E and H near field emissions||Used to measure RF spurious emission levels from a device|
Besides from using the equipment for our own research and development projects we provide test services to Irish companies. Some of the more common tests conducted on behalf of clients are:
- Impedance matching
- Antenna matching
- Power consumption measurements and optimization
- Harmonic measurements
- Spurious emissions
- Frequency tuning
- RF isolation measurements
- RF pre-compliance testing
- RF Range testing
- Wireless network test bed trials